Monday, July 8, 2019

Colours of the Rainbow - Try it On Tuesday Guest Designer

Someday we'll find it, the Rainbow Connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me.  

Kermit the Frog


Mo Manning digi, fence die, leaf die, flower punch, butterfly die, colored gems, copic markers,
white gel pen, dp paper (background), computer generated sentiment (Pinterest)
Hey friends,

I'm extremely honored and excited to be a Guest Designer for the "Colours of the Rainbow" Challenge at

Try it on Tuesday
They're definitely one of my favorite challenges and this theme is right up my alley,  as a glimpse of my blog will attest. I have been dying to color this darling Mo Manning image of Cinderella's "less attractive" step sisters, and I thought they would be perfect for this card about letting your wacky self shine.  I did have to alter their faces a bit because the original image made them look a little angry.  I wanted them to look more quirky than mean, so I gave them some cute crooked smiles. And, of course, their sassy outfits had to fit their vibrant personalities.



This z-fold card base is one of my favorites because it has so much real estate to play with.  I tried creating it in Cricut Design Space but I just couldn't seem to get the measurements  right for the folds.   I realized it was much easier just to measure and score the folds by hand.  The finished card measures 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 and fits in a standard square envelope.

The sentiment on this card says it all.  As those of us with a creative tilt know, life would certainly be boring without the full spectrum of all things bright and  beautiful, both in nature and in people.  

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something colorful.
Nancy

Playing along with:





20 comments:

  1. A wonderful card, Nancy
    Welcome to TIOT as a guest designer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute stamp designs here, Nancy. Beautifully coloured. Love the words, even though I don't have a clue what Fruit Loops are, lol - I'm presuming they are colourful Cheerios!
    Thank you so much for guesting with us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card! I love the fun stamp and rainbow of colours that you created - beautiful 😁. Thanks so much for the inspiration and joining us at Try it on Tuesday as Guest Designer! Creative wishes! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an adorable card Nancy. I am glad you are our designer at Try It On Tuesday this challenge. What a great lead off piece. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic card with cute images. Thank you for being our Guest Designer at Try it on Tuesdays for this theme.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I do love those girl images and how you coloured them! You background is wonderful (nice use of dies) yet not over done. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy I love this card, it's a great design to showcase those 'sisters' and it's a wonderful sentiment. Love the colours you used too. It's lovely to have you join us as our Guest Designer for this challenge/
    Hugs, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my I love this sentiment.... well i love this card! thanks for the smile!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these two and the way they are looking at each other! It's great to have you as our Guest Designer! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really adorable and I love the sentiment! Thanks for sharing at JUGS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw this card on IG and I still love it! The quirky sisters are great and the bright colors perfect. Love it Nancy.
    And true, sometimes hand measuring and cutting is much easier.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, what an amazing scene you've created here. The expressions are their faces are priceless, as is that sentiment. Thanks for linking up at PINspirational Challenge. Sandy/DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am very glad you joined us this week at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. I hope you had a fantastic time!!! See you back very soon to play in another amazing challenge. :)

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is really Gorgeous Nancy !! I adore it, love the so happy and bright colours, and the funny scene!! Great !
    i wish you a very nice day,
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all of the fun colors.

    Thank you for joining us at Li’l Patch of Crafty Friends for our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing with us at Cutie Pie's.
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful card, amazing colouring and such fun. Thank you for sharing at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab colouring. Great scene and such a fun sentiment too. Thank you for playing along with us at Mo’s Digital Pencil Challenge this month. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Nancy! I soooo love this card!!!! One of my all-time favorite Mo Manning images!! Gorgeous coloring and design work! Thanks so much for joining us for this month’s challenge at Mo’s!
    Hugs,
    Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete