Saturday, July 6, 2019

A Walk in a Digi Sunflower Garden - Make it Crafty Sunny Scene

A light heart lives long.
William Shakespeare


Copic markers, Make it Crafty digis, white gel pen, gold leafing pen
Hey friends,

Sunflowers are a favorite of one of my dearest friends so I knew exactly what I would color for her birthday card this year.  When I color an image for a card I always feel obligated to create a beautiful, comfortable place for them to live. Yes, I'm a little wacky that way but that's how I roll in my creative fantasy world.

I think charming little Abigail  from Make it Crafty  looks perfectly at home in this cheery sunflower garden.  I gave her some walking space in front of the garden fence with some foam tape.  I die cut the garden and background layers and added some gold leafing to the inner layer. I also die cut some craft foam to match the background shape and glued it to the card base to add some extra dimension.  I added white gel pen accents to my flowers and Abigail's dress.

A happy little flowery scene all ready for a birthday wish...
Happy summer, y'all.

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and plant a sunny garden...in your yard or on a card.
Nancy

Playing along with:
        A Gem of a Challenge - Week 13
        Colour Crazy Challenge - Week 26
        Crafty Catz Challenge #469
        Creative Fingers Challenge #167  
        Digi Choosday Challenge - Week 27
        Through the Craft Room Door - Week of July 2
        Tuesday Throwdown #435
        Water Cooler Wednesday Challenge #228
     

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Nancy. I bet your friend loved it. Such fabulous colouring and great balance with the matting. Thanks for playing with us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just left a message on your sunflower card as that is the one that you linked your card to when I came to your blog. But I do see this card so I just hit home and it brought me to this card. I love this card too. I love your coloring and fun images. Beautiful cards. So glad you shared over at Colour Crazy Challenge.
    Billie A
    Colour Crazy Challenge
    Catch The Bug
    Creative With Stamps
    Aud Sentiments
    Always Fun Challenges
    Creations In Pink
    Do-Al(l)Kreatives
    Crafty Gals Corner
    Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Billie, it's very weird but it appears the link address of these two cards are reversed when I try to add them to your site. This is the first time this has happened to me. I tried to upload my other Sunflower card in your site and I keep getting the link to this card. I can't remove my original link on your site to see if starting over helps. Sorry for the confusion! xo

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is absolutely stunning. Your coloring is awesome! Thank you so much for joining Digi Choosdays challenge bij Polkadoodles. Hugs, Cindy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW .. love your card and beautiful coloring .
    Thank you so much for joining us at Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge
    Good Luck
    Rose DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is beautiful! I love how well she fits into the background. Beautiful coloring, Nancy.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colouring.

    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Made by Helen{My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute little scene you have created. I wish I could take a stroll down past a sunflower field like that one. Thank you for sharing your talent with us at CRAFTY CATZ. Best of luck! Nick

    ReplyDelete