Saturday, July 13, 2019

Deep Love Mermaid and Seahorse - Normal Burnell Digi



The highest love of all finds its fulfillment not in what it keeps, but in what it gives.
Father Andrew

Copic markers, Spellbinders frame dies, gold leafing pen, white gel pen
Hey friends, 

Sometimes these gorgeously detailed Norma Burnell images are a little intimidating when I sit down to color them, but once I get started, I find myself immersed in a happy copic trance. I'm fascinated with mermaids...aren't we all?...and this gorgeous creature was a dream to color in ocean hues.

I used a fancy white Spellbinders die for her frame because I thought it mimicked swirly ocean white caps and  I gold-leafed my panels because, of course,  that's what I do.  I just like the look.  I used a white gel pen to highlight some of the small details.

I'm crazy about coloring these incredible fantasy images.  They take me to my happy place!

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and hug a sea horse.
Nancy

Playing along with:
        A Place to Start Challenge - July 2019
        Challenge Up Your Life Challenge #113
        The Fairy and the Unicorn July Challenge
        Color Crazy Challenge - Week 27
        QKR Stampede Challenge 356
        Archi-scraps July Challenge
        Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #65
        Creative Craft Cottage Challenge #120
        Fabrika Fantasy Challenge #32
     







14 comments:

  1. Hi this is a stunning card I love it. That image is so beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Crafts Galore Encore Challenge Blog for challenge 65 which is Anything Goes. The sponsor is Polkadoodles. Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wouwww beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck. Have a nice day
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an amazing job here again Nancy! I can see that coloring is something that makes you happy. Your projects are so beautiful and I love how you choose your colors.
    Thank you for sharing your work with us all!!
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. A pretty card inspired by seashells. Thanks for joining in at Archiscraps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous card! The image is fantastic and I'm happy you were able to get into your copic trance because the result is wonderful. :) The aqua cardstock you used for the base and the die cut background really compliment the oval image perfectly. I love this!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at A Place To Start!
    Rachelle - DT@APTS

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful card! I love the soft colors and how beautifully they are blended throughout the image! This really has a very ethereal feel!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer
    A Place to Start Challenge Blog
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is just drop dead gorgeous! Beautiful image and colored to perfection! Double wow!! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR STampede so we could all enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely colouring. Thank you for sharing with us at QKR Stampede.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning card you have made here which fits perfectly the Colour Crazy Challenge this week. I have used this artist's images in the past as part of a DT and they do take a long time to colour but they are oh so worth it. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Colour Crazy Challenge Design Team Member).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazingly detailed & fine work! Glad our seashell inspiration fit you this month at Archi-scraps :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow stunning card looks fabulous Nancy. Thanks for joining us at Archiscraps.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, your colouring is amazing and the frame suits it to a tee. Thanks for joining us at the Fairy and Unicorn challenge this month, Claire DT

    ReplyDelete