Thursday, June 20, 2019

Sunflower bouquet - Power Poppy and Copics

Every accomplishment begins with the decision to try.
Edward T. Kelly

Hey friends,

Have you ever had one of those days when your creative mojo just seems to take a vacation?
After hours of trying to finish this card, the top of my desk looked like monkeys had partied there.  Sluggish  imagination  happens to me more often than I'd like and  all I can do is ride it out.  I could hardly stand to look at this card after I finished it, so I put it away,  knowing that it might improve with a fresh perspective in the morning.  And, happily, it did!  I realized my coloring wasn't so bad and the design was just fine. Isn't it great when we give ourselves some slack?

While coloring  these Power Poppy sunflowers with my copics  I realized I need more practice creating the look of texture on these smaller petals. But I love adding detail with my Prismacolors, so I was happy with my final result.  I wanted a background that wasn't too busy, and that's why I went back and forth with several different ideas.  I finally settled on my first choice, which is indeed, a little busy, but I think it looks like a lacy table cloth. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Then there was the sentiment.  What color, where, should it overlap my image?  Sheesh!!!  I just went for it and tried not to overthink it.

So here's my final card and I like the colors and the layout.  I'm proud of myself for persevering with the flowers and have vowed to practice more.  I learned a lot by "having a go" as Alyce Keegan (Kit and Clowder) would say.  The creative process can be messy sometimes, but in the end, a new creation is born, even though the birth might have been a little long and painful.😄

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and create something fabulous.
Nancy

Playing along with:
        Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #346
        Crafting by Designs - Happy Birthday Challenge
        Crafty Creations Challenge #392
        Creative Moments Challenge #170
        Scrapy Land Challenge #116
        Word Art Wednesday Weeks #392-#393
        Through the Craft Room Door - June 18, 2019
        A Bit More Time to Craft - Challenge #94
        Make My Monday - Challenge #98
        Color Crazy Challenge - Wk 26

8 comments:

  1. Nancy, your sunflowers are beautiful! The coloring is amazing and I do agree, that the lacey tablecloth die behind it is just perfect. Have a great weekend.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous and I love how you've colored the image. Great background die too - perfect for your focal point. So glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge #116. We look forward to seeing more of your wonderful projects in the future :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Love the flowers - you colored the perfectly! That background die is lovely. Thank you for playing with us at Make My Monday and hope you join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, my desk looks like monkeys partied there often! Sometimes my entire room blows up when I lose my mojo! Your certainly found your mojo because this card is beautiful! The texture of the flowers came out wonderfully! Thanks for joining us and good luck with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Crafty Creations Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, the layers, colors and texture are amazing! Thanks so much for linking up at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really don't think you need any slack cutting at all for this great card Nancy! The colouring is superb and I love how you carried the background colour onto the card. The little ribbon is a perfect finishing touch. Your mojo seems all present and correct lol!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card. thanks for joining us on the Scrapy Land Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so pretty. I see you posted it over at Colour Crazy challenge but I don't see our link above showing you entered it there. I hope you add your link cause I love your card. Great coloring.
    Billie A
    Colour Crazy Challenge
    Catch The Bug
    Creative With Stamps
    Aud Sentiments
    Always Fun Challenges
    Creations In Pink
    Do-Al(l)Kreatives
    Crafty Gals Corner
    Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete