Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Anna Griffin Layered Cake - Jacket Card Die

One cannot have too large a party.
 Jane Austen - Emma

Anna Griffin die cut, designer paper, die cut flowers, pearls, rhinestones, beads.
gold leafing pen (candles)

Hey friends, 

If you asked me,  I would swear I never watch HSN, but if I'm honest, I do take a peak at their Craft Event days if I get a chance.  I can't resist checking out the new dies and stamps from Crafter's Companion and Anna Griffin.  The past couple of times I've watched, some really impressive large Anna Griffin dies have caught my eye.  I saw these Cake and Damask Jacket Card Dies and they called to me.  Well, we can't have too many birthday cards in our stash, can we?


The clever thing about this cake die is it cuts a scored wrap-around 5 x 7  base.  The insert card looks beautiful  loosely attached with a fancy ribbon, but I chose to glue the edge to my card panel to make it more secure. Wouldn't this die make some very fancy and elegant wedding invitations?


Since I was using a 12 x 12 paper pad to cut my cake layers, I decided to go for it and make several assorted cards for my stash.  I adorned my dazzling cakes with coordinating small handmade flowers, rhinestones, pearls and beads. I added one small gold layered die cut flower near the top of my cake.  I resisted the urge to add flowers everywhere like an old fashioned wedding cake because I wanted this cake to be more modern.  Okay, it's still a little fussy, but it's my brand of clean and simple. 


I had to use my Big Shot Pro die cutting machine to accommodate the large die, but it was worth it to get an A7 size card. 


I experimented with creating a shaped card by cutting the inside panel to match the cake.  It turned out to be a lot of work and didn't look as clean and precise as I like.  It's a fun option for those who don't mind some tedious fussy cutting. There must be a simpler way to do it, but I'll save that for my next set of cards. 

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and sneak a peak at HSN when no one's looking.
Nancy 

Playing along with:



3 comments:

  1. Wow, what amazing cake cards. I love shaped cards, not sure why I don't make more myself. You might be able to combine this die with a cutout on your Cricut to create a shaped back. Could be some fun experimenting ;-)
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome birthday cake!!! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! It's amazing! Very unique and creative! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Crafter's Castle this week. We hope to see you next time too!
    Blessings, Jeanie
    DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete