Friday, August 9, 2019

Sending Hugs - Conie Fong Moonflower Lullaby Digi


Act as if what you do makes a difference.  It does.
William James


Copic makers, Spellbinders frame, Sizzix sentiment stamp and die, white gel pen,
white glitter card stock, gold matte card stock, magenta card stock


Hey friends,

One of the fringe benefits of being a card maker is the pleasure of sending hugs by snail mail to anyone I want, any time I want, and imagining  they can actually feel my handmade love radiating from the envelope.  I thought this hugably adorable Conie Fong image was perfect to carry my message of affection.

My image is mounted on a square Spellbinders frame with some pretty heart cutouts in the design and, even though most of them are hidden,  this glittery white frame adds some shine to my moonflower lady.  I used matte gold card stock for the narrow frames around my images  instead of my usual glossy gold card stock and I like the subtle sheen.  I die cut a smaller matching frame and oval  out of white craft foam to mount my layers for dimension. I've been choosing this over pop dots lately because it keeps my card smooth for mailing and it looks a little more polished.

The small flower centers are embellished with Elizabeth Crafts peel off glitter dots.  I love these so much, but often forget to use them.  They are subtle, but add just the right pop of sparkle. I added dots to my flowers with a white gel pen, attached some pretty dimensional heart stickers to the sentiment and now I'm ready to post my handcrafted happy mail.

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and post some handmade hugs.
Nancy

Playing along with:
        Brown Sugar Challenge #292
        Polkadoodle Challenge Wk 32
        Simply Create Too Challenge #152
        Craft Rocket Challenge #62
        Crafting With an Attitude Challenge #54
        Crafty Creations Challenge #395
        Creative Moments #174
        Penny's Challenge #442

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card 😊 love hair 😍 thanks for joining in the Polkadoodles challenge 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Creations for this fortnights challenge.
    Hugs
    Linda
    Crafty Creations DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is stunning, Nancy! I love the layout you have done here. All the little embellishments are so pretty and yet they don't take away from the beautiful coloring you have done on the focal image. Have a great Sunday.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful project! Thank you so much for playing along at Creative Moments!
    Crafty hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning. Your colouring is perfect x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, this is stunning. Fantastic colouring. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles. Good luck Fleur xxx

    ReplyDelete