Thursday, August 1, 2019

Luna Whispering Digi in Copics - Ching Chou Kuik

There is more to life than increasing its speed.
Mahatma Gandhi



Hey friends,

I originally colored this lovely Ching Chou Kuik greyscale digi image for one of my beloved  Kit and Clowder online classes, but even with Alyce Keegan's expert guidance, I couldn't seem to get Luna's rainbow hair right.  I thought this image was so gorgeous, I couldn't give up so easily.  The lengthy saga of my second attempt to tackle this image borders on the heroic.  I decided to forgo the original rainbow hair and go for these "understated" aqua tresses so I could  practice my tiny hair stokes with my copics.    I won't relate all the gruesome details but my color palette kept getting darker with each "fix" and the pre-shaded background on this digi turned into a muddy mish mash.  The butterfly looked way too sad and heavy to fly.

Sometimes my tenaciousness can be a gift, especially when all hope is lost. I couldn't bare to waste all the time I had spent coloring Luna, and I realized if I fussy cut her, I could add a brighter, prettier dp background behind her.  I also cut out the butterfly, colored it with lighter colors to match  my background and popped it up over my original sad one.

I wish I had taken a picture of my original struggle to document how much happier this card is than my  "Luna Stuck in the Mud" version.  The color scheme is a lot prettier and brighter and I like the white details in the background.  I love using designer papers for backgrounds because all the hard work is done, the variety is endless and I can always find something I like to fancy up my artwork. I added some details with gold and white gel pens and some gold leafing around the main panel.  Yippee...another epic save.

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and rescue a card.
Nancy

Playing along with:
        Craft Rocket Challenge #62
        Crafting with an Attitude Challenge #54
        Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #352
        Crafting by Designs August Challenge
        Crafty Hazelnuts August Challenge
        Crafty Creations Challenge #395
        Creative Moments Challenge #173
        Little Red Wagon Challenge #508


7 comments:

  1. Wowzers - stunning colouring!! I'm glad you stuck with this, it turned out to be amazing! I love the colours you used. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful Nancy! I love how you explained what you did to it and how worthwhile it was that you took the time to fix it. I did a sewing class once many, many years ago and one thing the teacher told me has stuck with me forever. She said any craft is not about not ever making a mistake, it is about knowing how to fix a mistake so that nobody would ever know that it was a fix. I think you did just that here and that is the essence of a master.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is a beauty. The hair turned out magical. Fabulous work. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card with pretty paper. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful card, beautiful colouring! thank you for sharing at Creative Moments. Please enter our latest challenge too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy your perseverance paid off as this card is simply gorgeous! Your colouring is amazing too.Thanks for sharing it with us at Addicted to stamps and More and we look forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations again! Hugs, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning. Loving your colouring and colours on this card is perfect x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete