Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Franky's Girl - Creepin' it Real with Mo Manning


During the day, I don't believe in ghosts. 
At night, I'm a little more open-minded.
Unknown

Mo Manning digital image, clip art background, copics, rhinestones,
gold leafing pen, Cricut cutting and writing features

Hey there,

Who knew coloring green skin with copics would be so fun!  I was a little apprehensive when I undertook the challenge, but I think I'll be looking for more monster and zombie flesh to color in the future.  This cute Mo Manning "Frank's Girl" image was a delight to color and embellish.  Halloween images are definitely among of my faves.

My colorful background is from  this Halloween scene clip art shop from Etsy.   The scenes come in both pre-colored and line drawing images.  Both types leave oodles of creative options.  On this card, I chose to add some subtle gold accents to the pre-colored background and let my copic colored focal image take center stage.

After much consideration, I decided my stylish girl needed a little bling, so I added some rhinestone earrings and studded trim for her vest.  I also added some pretty iridescent gems to the sentiment.  I edged the sentiment and background panel with a gold leafing pen. Also, hiding in this picture are some subtle tiny black gems on her boot buckles.  They look really glamorous in person!

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and be creepy...but not too much.
Nancy

Playing along with:
        The Paper Shelter - Challenge #398
        Through the Craft Room Door - Week starting September 17th
        Crafts Galore Encore - Challenge #67
        Sweet Stampers Challenge Blog - Challenge #36
        A Gem of a Challenge - Week 18
        The Creative Crafters - Challenge #20
        Di's Digi Challenge - Hand Colored Image Challenge
        Crafty Friends - Challenge 118 

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card.
    Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
    Hugs
    Kuni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shlter challenge.
    Priyadarshini
    https://simpleartcraft-tips.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, you did get her skin perfectly creepy. Perfect background for her too.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creation Nancy, lovely coloring! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete