Monday, September 9, 2019

Safari Z-Fold Card - Elizabeth Craft Jeep and Animal Dies

 Only those who will risk going too far 
can possibly find out how far one can go. 
T.S Eliot

Elizabeth Craft animals and jeep dies,  Cricut Design Studio sun, grass, tree and sentiment, Copics,
craft foam, black Nuvo drops for eyes, gold metallic gems for headlights

Hey there,

I finished these darling Elizabeth Crafts jungle animals and jeep  months ago and they  have been living on my craft table for weeks,  patiently waiting for an exotic place to live.  Since my husband and I love travel so much, and my husband's fondest dream is to go on an African safari, I thought my critters were perfect for a fun birthday z-fold box card. Too youthful? Nah, my husband has the youngest spirit I know.

He is quite knowledgeable about different countries and their characteristics, as was evidenced recently when he randomly informed me of the elevation of Kabul while we were watching TV.  So I thought I'd better find an Acacia tree for my African safari scene instead of jungle palm trees.  I think my monkey might be visiting his friends in Africa.  I happily found something akin to an Acadia tree in Cricut Design Space and considered my habitat "close enough."

My critters  were die cut from white card stock, with some layers additionally cut from craft foam to make them 3-D.  I colored the layers with copics...so much easier than trying to cut and glue tiny pieces with different colored cardstock!  I colored my zebra stripes right on my zebra rather than glue tiny pieces. Easy peasy.  I had a z-fold card template already created  in Cricut Design Space and all I had to do was find sun and grass images for my scene.  I typed, sized and printed out the sentiment in Design Space.  Sometimes play dates with my Cricut can make things infinitely less complicated!

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and explore something new.
Nancy

   
Playing along with:
        Always Fun Challenges
        Path of Positivity
        a2z Scrapbooking September 2019 Challenge
        2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge #30
        Crafty Animals Challenge #30
        Creative Craft Cottage Challenge #122
        QKR Stampede Challenge #362
        Cute Card Thursday Challenge 598
        Through the Purple Haze Challenge #159

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Creative Craft Cottage challenge good luck. Have a nice day
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha. What a fun card. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card!!! I love everything about this. Thank you so much for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. So darn cute. I bet hubby loved this birthday card. I love the sentiment. So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card! Being from Africa, I appreciate your use of an acacia tree lol.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. THis is fantastic!
    Too cute for words!
    Thanks for playing at QKR Stampede this week!
    Good Luck
    Crafty Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super scene! Perfect for our Challenge! So glad that you have shared your great artwork with us here at Always Fun Challenges. Good luck hun and do come back again!
    Jackie DT @AFC

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super adorable, and that sentiment is perfect!! Thanks for linking up to our September Challenge gallery at a2z.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card! It's so cool that you took the time to get the right tree! Thanks for joining in over at a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete