Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Stay Away From the Cauldron - Mo Manning Hocus



 “Magic is really very simple, all you've got to do is want something and then let yourself have it.

– Aggie Cromwell, Halloweentown,  (1998)


Mo Manning digi, Copic markers, Cricut Design Studio writing and cutting features, Nuvo Drops, assorted gems, white gel pen, gold leafing pen, pre-colored landscape from Etsy, foam tape

Hey there,

Doesn't this Mo Manning Hocus image perfectly capture the spirit of Bette Midler's "Winifred" character in the movie, Hocus Pocus?  I loved that movie because it was such silly fun and I think this enthusiastic witch looks ready to conjure up some lighthearted magic.

There's always an amusing witch quote floating around at this time of year and the one I've chosen for this card really makes me chuckle.  The plethora of spooky, fantastical and comical images everywhere really get my creative juices flowing. Is there such a thing as making too many Halloween cards? I think not!

I colored Winifred with copics and mounted her with foam tape on a pre-colored Halloween landscape from Etsy.  I created the sentiment in Cricut Design Space with the writing feature and cut the tag shape to fit my card.  The card base is edged with a gold leafing pen and a few of the stars are enhanced with sparkly Nuvo drops.  I embellished Winifred's stylish gown with white gel pen dots and a couple of gold gems.  I added a couple more iridescent red gems to jazz up my sentiment.

This card was so easy and fun!  Now I think I'll take a short break and spend some time stirring with the big girls!

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth, find a cauldron surrounded by your besties and stir up some Halloween fun.
Nancy

Playing along with:
     
        Crafty Sentiments Challenge - September 24
        Lemon Shortbread Challenge #103
        Addicted To Stamps Challenge #177
        Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge #114
        Lost Coast Designs Challenge #84
        Love To Craft Challenge #38
        Creative Fingers Challenge #171
        AudSentiments Challenge #236
        Southern Girls Challenge - Tic Tac Toe

6 comments:

  1. OMG! I love this card! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card. Please remember that to be eligible for the prize at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge you must use real rubber or clear stamps. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your fantastic project with us in the Love To Craft Challenge Blog's September "Anything Goes" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, LTCCB DT
    Love To Scrap 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is fantastically colored and I love the color choices you used on her outfit. They all seem opposites and yet work so well together.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol love your sentiment, great card! Thanks for joining Colour Crazy Challenges, good luck! Dawn DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great Halloween card ♥
    Thanks for playing with our challenge at Crafty Sentiments Design
    Hugs from Elin

    ReplyDelete