Tuesday, September 3, 2019

A Denmark Happy Birthday - Paper Shelter Valkyrie


I wish, as well as everybody else, to be perfectly happy, but,
 like everybody else, it must be in my own way.  
Jane Austin - Pride and Prejudice

Paper Shelter digi, copic markers, Spellbinders frame die, grass die, gold card stock,
green cardstock, yellow Nuvo drops, white gel pen, butterfly die, gold adhesive beads,

Hey friends, 

I never would have imagined I would have a family member celebrating her birthday in dazzling Denmark, but my daughter is now a very contented Copenhagen habitant.  I visited there even before she fell in love with this magical city and I can see why the peaceful, relaxed lifestyle appeals to her.  My personality needs a bit more drama,  so I'm very happy with wild and colorful California, but I look forward to visiting her new home often. 

Imagine my delight when I found this cute little Valkyrie image in the Paper Shelter digi shop. She's a little cutsy to be an imposing viking, but that's what makes her so charming, even for my adult recipient. What's not to love about a darling little Norse lady all ready to kick some butt on the battlefield.  Don't google Valkyrie. It's very troubling.  However, my daughter is all about women's rights and this girlfriend looks pretty self assured to me.

One of the reasons I love Paper Shelter images is they provide background options with their images.  I printed this background on my printer and added some die cut grass to ground my image.  I adorned the centers of my flowers with Nuvo drops and white gel pen dots.  My copic-colored image is popped up on my background with mounting tape.  I created the gold frame by combining two nesting frame dies to fit my 5 x 7 card.

My daughter celebrated her birthday in August and will be visiting me this month for another celebration.  I can't wait to present to her this very custom-themed tribute to Denmark.  

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and live the life you've imagined. 
Nancy

Playing along with:
  

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! Your Viking lady is wonderful and I love the colour palette that you used too 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is glorious! Wonderful colouring!
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) - my blog Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Viking girl! A fabulous creation! Thank you for joining us at TioT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet card Nancy, love the cute image.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is beautiful Nancy and you coloring is exquisite on her.
    Thank you for joining the Colour Crazy challenge.
    Monica C. DT Color Crazy

    ReplyDelete