Wednesday, October 9, 2019

An October Wedding - The Bride Wore Black


Hey there, 

What?  You think this doesn't look like a typical wedding card...even bordering on inappropriate? Well, please allow me to explain.  My daughter's best friend since high school recently got married to the man of her dreams.  My daughter was extremely honored to be her Maid of Honor.  The wedding dress was chosen months ahead of time under a shroud of secrecy.   I heard from a dependable source that the dress was BLACK.  I know...scandalous!!!  Well, not really.  Not to anyone who knows the stunning bride. She and my daughter were roommates for many years and the two of them were all about anything spooky, mysterious or a little gothie.  Scary movies were regular fare for them.  They've both matured into beautiful women and contributing members of society..my daughter is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Therapist and the bride is a college history professor.   But their obsession with all things eerie still persists.  An October wedding is the perfect time to add some magical flair to the wedding festivities.


So, just because I could, I decided to make a very customized card for my beloved friend to show her I love her unique, adventurous personality. My daughter kept me appraised of her reception decor and I knew it would be fabulous! I'm obsessed with sugar skulls so it wasn't much of s stretch for me to add a glamorous cranium to my card.  The card base is a cascade card svg from Dreaming Tree and the personalized label was printed in Cricut Design Studio. My daughter informed me that this card was one of two the bride chose to display on her mantel after the wedding.  That's the joy of card making! 


This stunning dress lived in hiding at my
 house for a week before the wedding.

The cake was so gorgeous, and just look at the cute skulls
guarding it from munchers.
Formal and dignified.  No children allowed. 
Welcome, indeed. 

 I couldn't resist posting this picture of my lovely daughter to show the wedding was elegant and sophisticated, just like her.

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and show people your unique, lovable self.  
Nancy

Playing along with:
         Crafting By Designs October Challenge
         Crafty Creations Challenge #400
         Creative Moments Challenge #178
         Little Red Wagon Challenge #518
         Watercooler Challenge #242
         Words 2 Craft By Challenge #70
         Arty Divas Challenge #6
         Through the Craft Room Door October 8 Challenge
         Steampunk Challenge
 

14 comments:

  1. Wow, love your story behind this unique wedding card! Lovely photos, and your daughter is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your awesome card with us at Sandee and Amelie's Steampunk Challenges! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  2. So really beautiful, intricate die cutting your got your machine to do here, Nancy! Lovely alternative wedding card.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is surely a very unusual wedding card, but it is very pretty. Glad it could take an honourable place on the mantel.
    Thank you for joining Creative Moments.
    Hope to see you again.
    💝 from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's wonderful that you made such a personalized wedding card for the bride and groom, who cares if it's not "traditional"! It's a fabulous card! Thanks for sharing the photos - they are all stunning! And thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect card for the occasion! Love that dress and the fun decorations. I would do a wedding like this - I love spooky things too. Tooo fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally amazing card and loved the back story. I can imagine the bride was thrilled with it, Your daughter looks beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.
    Dawn ~DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this beautiful sugar skull decorative card! Thank you for joining us at W2CB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning and original card Nancy. Thanks for sharing the story with us and joining in our fun this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge., Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges. Perfect sugar skull wedding card. Great pictures from the wedding in October. Hugs, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful original creation for a original wedding!
    Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations Challenge.
    Ileanaxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, I just adore your atypical wedding card, and I can only imagine how much the bride appreciated this one-of-a-kind work of heart. Wow... it's really amazing. And, WOW, your daughter is stunning! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, such a great card! Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments Challenges!
    Crafty hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Nancy! You're the winner of our "Always Be..." W2CB Challenge! Please e-mail me at cards[dot]by[dot]sybrina[at]gmail[dot]com to make prize arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A unique card for a unique weedding! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Arty Divas this week.
    Looking forward to seeing you again next challenge.
    Love Alex (PinkCraftyMama).
    Arty Divas DT
    Pink Crafty Mama {My Blog}
    Arty Divas

    ReplyDelete