Saturday, October 12, 2019

You are so Inspiring - Ching-Chou Kuit Monarch Butterfly Girl in Pink

Once upon a time there was a girl who kicked cancer's butt. 
It was me.  The end. 


Hey there,

Breast cancer awareness cards can be as different as the survivors who receive them.  I wanted this card to be lacy and soft to go with this beautiful Ching-Chou Kuit Monarch Butterfly Girl digi.  Sometimes it's hard to know what to say to someone who is going through a difficult time, whatever their challenge might be.  I know...I've been on the receiving end as I'm sure you have, also.  I cherished every single card and note I received during my breast cancer ordeals because they made me feel loved and supported.  They undoubtedly aided me in my healing. I love this sentiment because it lets the recipient know how admired she is for her courage and strength.

I colored this card in mostly pink tones and added a pop of green to my palette for the leaves, dragonfly body and the soulful eyes on my pretty lady.  I edged my panel and my sentiment with gold and attached them with mounting tape to a fancy Spellbinders frame cut from white glitter card stock.  I added this panel  to my pink card base and embellished the frame with iridescent pink gems.

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and be inspiring.
Nancy
Playing along with:
        Craft Rocket Challenge #64
        Time Out Challenge #146
        Scrapy Land Challenge #123
        Word Art Wednesday Challenge # 408-409
        Papercraft Challenge #47
        The Crafter's Cafe Challenge #228
        Always Fun Challenge #131

9 comments:

  1. wow Nancy good to hear you kicked it's butt! And wow to your amazing colouring-so detailed and that pop of green is perfect. Such an elegant frame too-one stunning card and thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing a bit of your story, it's very inspiring too. Great card, love how you coloured it. So glad you shared with us at the Crafters Café, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Pink and/or Tag" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very beautiful for a good cause. Your colouring is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well here's to you for kicking cancer's butt! So happy you overcame this scary challenge. Your card is so pretty and the coloring is amazing! I'm sure whomever receives it will be grateful. Thanks for joining our Time Out challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow.. the coloring here is gorgeous and I like that decorative frame. Thanks for playing with us at Time Out Challenges!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  8. An inspiring story and inspiring card ... your colouring and detailing is just brilliant! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card, Nancy! You definitely achieved the soft look so well. I love it.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete