Friday, November 20, 2020

Be as YOU as you can be - Mayumi Ogihara Pansy Digi

You can't control everything.  Your hair was put on your head to remind you of that. 


Hey there,

While looking at some of my latest cards, I realized  I tend to migrate to the same cool blues, lavenders and greens again and again.  I think most people choose their favorite colors often and that's part of their recognizable style.  I decided to break out of my routine for this card and used some bright pinks and yellows.  I think these flowers were meant to be pansies but I went more the plumeria route.  That's one of the best parts of coloring...we can change things to suit our mood and imagination.  I seldom color really light blond hair because it always comes out too flat.   This time I kept my colors light and then added pink, red and yellow highlights to give it dimension.  I like the soft, feminine look I was able to achieve using lighter colors for this pretty lady's hair and eyes.

To frame my fair damsel, I die cut an Anna Griffin 5 x 7 frame from white glitter card stock and used the matching center frame die to cut out my panel.  The panel is then edged with a gold leafing pen and adhered to the frame with dimensional tape.  I used my Cricut Maker cutting and writing features to create the sentiment tag.  I added a few blue pearls to the frame and some white gel pen dots to the flower centers and called it finished. 

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and brighten up your life with all the colors of the rainbow.
Nancy
Playing along with:
Creative Fingers Challenge #197
A Perfect Time to Craft

5 comments:

  1. Wow Nancy, what a beautifully coloured image. Thank you for joining our challenge at
    Let's Craft and Create this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the highlight colors! Superb! Thanks for playing along with us at PIP Challenges!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is so pretty, Nancy! The pink and yellow flowers work so well and the lady is beautifully colored as always.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers.
    DT Mari, my blog Ittetehty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty card. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Crafters.
    Sabina DT

    ReplyDelete