Thursday, February 4, 2021

Let's Taco Bout Heart Day - Pop-Up-Box-Card Valentine

 

Lori Whitlock pop-up-box-card svg, Cricut Design Space sun and tacos, Cricut writing feature for sentiments,
orange and brown Tim Holtz distress ink, red check card stock, blue card stock. blue card stock

Hey there,

Who doesn't love a silly punny Valentine?!  My svg library is full of  Lori Whitlock pop-up-box-cards because they're my favorite "go-to" for impressive simple cards. This one is perfect for my darling hubby who loves tacos and silliness.  I changed up Lori's original card design with some images from my Cricut Design Space library because, although the smiley faces on the tacos in the original design are super adorable, I wanted mine to be less chatty.  I added some sunshiny cheerfulness to my back panel with a layered sun that matched my theme.  It's super fun browsing through the thousands of images in Cricut Design Space because there's always just the right image for any design.  These yummy looking tacos are in the "Fast Food" image set and the sun is in the "Ole" image set. 



I sized the Lori Whitlock card base to create a 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 square card when folded.  I used the Cricut writing feature to personalize my sentiments.  The sun is embellished with shiny gold studs and both the sun and tacos are sponged with dye-based ink to give them dimension. 

Taco bout fun!  Another fast and amusing punny Valentine for the books.

Thanks for visiting.
Go forth and have some Valentine pun.
Nancy
Playing along with:


19 comments:

  1. Wonderful taco food Valentine pop-up card creation. Like the fun & detail. We have Taco Tuesdays when we go to Rosa's Cafe for Taco Tues special.
    Melissa BBTB2 Design Team 2021
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card and so full of details as well as a pun, which is my favorite. I am going to have to check out Lori Whitlock's site. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! I love how it is tailored for your hubby! I'm definitely going to have to check out Lori Whitlock's cut files because this is great. Thank you for sharing your project at the Bitten By The Bug 2 challenge site. Dorlene DT BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who doesn't love a pun! Thanks for joining us for our first challenge of the year at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so much fun! That quote made me smile. Thanks for sharing with us at Try It On Tuesday. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card very colorful and very fun! I love tacos ;) The sentiment is fun too! Thank you for sharing your card at Aud Sentiments. Valérie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh so cute! You really rocked this challenge. The gingham paper is just the perfect touch. I love Lori Whitlock designs! Thanks for joining us at bbtb2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I hope you'll play along with our new SWEET challenge that started today. And be sure to see the Top Picks from last week at the beginning of the post. You may be in there! (hint hint)
    :) Janis
    Crafting Happiness Challenges, DT & Owner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me again, I just want to say that I absolutely LOVE this card. I love the vibrant colors and that fun fold. One of my favorite card folds to use in my craft room. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge. Hugs Sylvia-DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cool! I saw it at Shopping Our Stash and it caught my eye quickly. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Taco-bout cute, you nailed it Nancy! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CRAFT Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really cute fun card! Thank you for joining us at the CRAFT challenge this week.

    Debbie
    CRAFT DT
    decraftsblog.wordpress.com {my blog}

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab pop up card, so cute and well put together, Thanks for playing along with Shopping Our Stash for Love is in the Air challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the taco pun! (And tacos!) Such a cute pop-up card! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ~Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great punny card. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Soo cute. Love it. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Unstapabelles. Keti (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw love your card, it really made me giggle, I love a pun! Thanks so much for entering the Aud Sentiments Challenge, sorry it's taken me a little while to comment. Crafty hugs
    Jenny Ginger Ninja Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is too cute! you should make another version for our current food challenge at Bitten by the Bug 2. Thanks for sharing this one in our previous challenge. It is a great card.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete