Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Dreaming Tree Le Chapeau Lady - Crafty Chefs Challenge Inspiration

Life is like a new hat.  You don't know if it suits you 
if  you keep trying it on in front of your own mirror. 


Dreaming Tree Le Chapeau svg bundle, Copic markers, digital paper,
Cricut cutting and writing features, swirl embossing folder, pearls and gems, paper flower

 Hey there from Nannyland,

I'm thrilled to join in the fun at the October Craft Chefs Challenge on Face Book.  I was so lucky to have my name drawn last month to receive the "happy mail"  prize and I received the most beautiful card and extra die cuts from Monica ( Sunshine Creativity.)  Hurry...you still have time to pop on over to the Crafty's Chefs Challenge and add your creation to the mix! The recipe this month is:

              Do some coloring
              Use dry embossing.

My elegant lady comes from the Dreaming Tree Le Chapeau svg bundle.  Her fanciness was absolutely delightful to create using my Cricut Maker and Cricut Design Space.  Even though I own oodles of dry embossing folders, I rarely use them, mainly because I forget what a good option they are for adding texure and interest to my die cuts.  I chose to emboss my stylish gal's cascading hair with a swirly folder, creating some perky curls. The curved twigs are also embossed with the same folder. 

My new computer did a wonderful job of printing the coordinating fall digital papers for the hat. The face layers and twigs were cut from cream card stock and colored with Copc markers. The curving feature in Cricut Design Space made it easy to follow the shape of  the hat for my sentiment.  The twigs came from the Close To My Heart Flower Market set, which has hundreds of beautiful garden related images.  The earrings were cut from gold foil card stock and embellished with pearl gems.  The flower came from my stash and was adorned with a fancy coordinating gem. 

Even though my first love is Copic coloring, a close second is creating beautiful dimensional cards in Cricut Design Space, both simple or intricate.  The Cricut Image Libary includes every image I can imagine and there are also tons of  amazing svg's for every occasion available on the internet. It's incredible that just about anything I can envison, I can find the tools to create! 

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.  
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)
Playing along with:
 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at The Creative Crafters. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! That gal just exudes sunshine and fun! Beautiful blending on her face. I do absolutely love the dry embossing on those "curls".

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous image which looks great paper pieced, many thanks for sharing with us at the Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely FANTASTIC!!!
    So happy to see your entry at My Time To Craft.
    We love to see everyone’s work.
    Good luck, do come back again!
    Hugs, Jackie DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous layered creation - so pretty and gorgeous. Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts challenge this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, really wonderful design. Thanks for joining TTCRD challenge. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how gorgeous this is that is one beautiful hat and flower, thank you for joining our challenge this week at ALLSORTS
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job thank you for joining the My Time To Craft challenge - DT JudithCE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beatiful card, just love it! Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket Challenges.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous and feminine gorgeous card.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts Vintage week;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, thanks for playing along with our 'Bingo board' challenge @ MAWTT this month. Good Luck 
    Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this!! Super cute! A November's challenge started today. Hope you'll come link up again! Thank you so much for linking up at my challenge blog, Crafting Happiness Challenges.
    Janis - Pause Dream Enjoy
    *Owner* Crafting Happiness Challenges
    *DT* Let’s Craft & Create

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is so amazing, Nancy! I love how you have done her hair with an embossing folder. Thank you for participating in our fun challenges.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete