Thursday, October 7, 2021

Think Pink - Breast Cancer Awareness Prima Princess


Sometimes the things we can't change end up changing us. 



Hey there from Nannyland,

My Pink Panoply logo was born a few years ago when I opened an Etsy store to sell handmade quilts, machine embroidered baby items and cards.  Many of my first lap quilts were created in shades of pink with an embroidered heart on the corner block in honor of breast cancer awareness, which has always been close to my heart.  My mom died too early of breast cancer, and my sister and I are both survivors, in my case twice.  So pink is more than just a beautiful color to me, it's a symbol of courage, hope and love. Every October during Breast Cancer Awareness month, I make it my mission to implore anyone within the range of my voice to get their yearly mammogram.  My first cancer was detected this way in 2005 and it literally saved my life.  



I have a very special recipient in mind for this card, who has just started her treatment for breast cancer.  She is young and has a beautiful life ahead of her to share with her darling family.  She is a warrior and I'm sure she will emerge triumphant from this challenging ordeal.  But in the meantime, I plan to do everything I can to help keep her spirits high. The Prima Princess stamp I used for this card is very appropriately called Grace.  My card base was sized to fit my image in Cricut Design Studio and my Cricut Maker did an amazing job of cutting all the lacy detail.  I paper pieced the dress with  breast cancer themed digital dp.  The pink jeweled breast cancer ribbon on the outside keeps things simple and there is  plenty of room inside my card for my personal note of encouragement.  

To my incredibly talented crafty tribe who love to make beautiful handmade cards and treasures to express your love for others, I commend you for uplifting the spirits of those you care for. Now, let's make sure you can do what you love for many, many years to come.  Please, "GET 'EM SQUISHED!"

18 comments:

  1. Wow what a stunning creation the image and the colouring is amazing, I have also enjoyed reading your post thank you for joining our challenge at DRAGONFLY DREAMS THIS month
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow just super gorgeous Nancy. Lovely work here. Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Annette DT


    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning, what a gorgeous image too. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Annette CT -

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful make, Nancy! Great paper piecing on her dress and yes, that lacey trim around your image is amazing.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is gorgeous!!!! Your coloring is stunning and I LOVE her paper pieced dress!!! The lacey border is so pretty and the jeweled ribbon embellie is perfect! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge atThrough The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Good luck Ginny
    My Blog As I do Rodos

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful Card, Thanks for sharing it with us at the Morgan's Artwold Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is stunning. Your coloring is amazing. The lacy detail is just beautiful. I have to learn to use my Cameo so I can do things like this...someday! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Diane CT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning image and colouring, gorgeous card..
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at 613 Avenue Create..hope you will play along again..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello survivor sister, thanks for raising awareness.
    This is a smashing project!
    We do love to see all the entries at Classic.
    Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge
    We really appreciate you joining in.

    Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry CT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful, I keep looking over and over, coloring is wonderful, the image is awesome way to go, thanks for playing our challenge at Cupcake Inspirations. What a great card. Have a good day!

    Leanne DT Member/CIC
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a STUNNING image!!! I love the coloring and your story behind this is so heartfelt. Thank you for playing with us this week at the Cupcake Inspirations!!!

    Nora
    CIC
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous image and fabulous colouring,love the lacy borders
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi just popping back to say-Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create and hope you will join us again
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful image and gorgeous coloring
    Thank you for playing along the Cupcake Inspirations challenge. DT Anila

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous!! Thanks for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams.
    DT Stacey

    ReplyDelete