Thursday, March 3, 2022

Wishing You a Pot O' Gold - Digi Doodle Studios Patty Leprechaun

 May the dreams you hold dearest be those which come true,
and the kindness you spread keep returning to you. 



Hey there from Nannyland, 

Shamrocks and leprechauns and rainbows...Oh My! Another fun card crafting holiday is on the horizon and I'm knee deep in all things green in Nannyland.  This adorable image from Digi Doodles Studios is called Patty Leprechaun and she depicts everything delightful about this lively day of celebration.  

I designed a shaped flip card base in Cricut Design Space and used digital designer paper with an Irish theme for the background panels.  The argyle print is very colorful and a bit busy, so I toned it down with a large sentiment panel on the inside of the card.  I edged all the card panels with a gold leafing pen and dry embossed the front panel with a celtic-style embossing folder.   


A  close up of my image shows the Stickles in the center of the shamrocks on her skirt and clear gems in her shamrock bouquet and her hat.  I chose to color her tights and shirt in rainbow stripes to go along with the pot of gold theme. 


I created a label in Cricut Design Space to match my card base and used the writing feature to draw the sentiment.  I love this feature in Cricut because I can create any sentiment I want and cut it out to fit my card dimensions. 

Digi Doodle Studio Patty Leprechaun digi, Copic markers, Cricut cutting
and writing features, clear gems, gold leafing pen, glitter shamrock stickers, Stickles
 

What a delight it was to use Copics in bright greens, yellows and rainbow hues to brighten up one of the happiest holidays of the year.  Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone! 

17 comments:

  1. A really sweet girly creation in all the shades of green, many thanks for sharing and joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about her. Those colored socks made me really smile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a lovely image. She is beautiful and you're coloring and design are fabulous. Thanks for joining us at International Art & Soul. Maggie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, I like the Irish image and the shamrocks
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is a wonderful card design, shape and the coloring is superb! Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Paper Funday Challenge!
    Donna
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wwooowww It's a beautiful card!!😍😍 I love the color combination! Thank you for participating in the @createasmilestamps challenges 👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning! Coloured beautifully.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my heart! I absolutely LOVE this. What a fabulous entry. I do hope you'll add our challenge logo so that you'll be eligible to win. (you can see the rules on sidebar) I just LOVE your art, Nancy. The images, the glitter, the accents, oh my! This is truly lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with us, and please visit again soon. I can't wait to see what else you create.
    Have a blessed week.
    Karen L, DT
    The Card Concept

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card and coloring! What a sweet little girl and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Funday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful und colourful card! Thank you for playing along with the Create A Smile Challenge 😊🙌

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great coloring on your sweet little Irish girl! Fun card, so happy you played with us at the Card Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely shaped fun fold card. I love the way you added color and shading to Patty Leprechaun. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely gorgeous, perfect for St Patrick’s day. Your colouring skills are amazing. XX

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is absolutely gorgeous, perfect for St Patrick’s day. Your colouring skills are amazing. XX

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely gorgeous, perfect for St Patrick’s day. Your colouring skills are amazing. XX

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifully coloured image and I love that sentiment too.

    Thanks for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete