Thursday, July 20, 2023

Anna Griffin Carte Homme Anniversary Card

Dressing well is a form of good manners.  Tom Ford



Hey there from Nannyland,

I can't believe I finished my Anniversary card almost a month early this year! I love these adorable Anna Griffin Carte Homme dies so much, I just couldn't wait to use them.  I'm extremely proud of myself for creating a legit guy card, even though dressy suits with fancy patterned ties and pocket squares could be considered a little borderline.  

I chose a 6 x 6 paper pad from my stash in navys and grays with double-sided papers that work well for the folded lapels that expose the prints on the other side.  The patterned lapels and pockets added to the posh look I was going for.  I discovered another paper pad with small matching prints for the ties and pocket squares.  All the pieces in the die set make it possible to create many different looks with either a bow tie or a regular tie. So fun!!!

This card measures 5 x 1/2 by 8 1/2  (a standard 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of card stock folded in half) to accommodate all three suits easily in my design.  Envelopes are easy to find for this size but extra postage might be required.  I knew I would be delivering this one in person, so I wasn't worried.  I created the sentiment in Cricut Design Space with the cutting, writing and offset features.  I used foam tape behind the lapels and bowtie for dimension.  I also adhered the center suit to the card base with foam tape. I added tiny gold metallic embellishments for lapel pins and lined the red card base and sentiment with a gold leafing pen. 

Another masculine card for the books.  I'm getting there!

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.

10 comments:

  1. What a super detailed man card! Great design and am sure he loved it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at TIOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these dies are fantastic! Such a great set to have in the stash and your card is handsome, incorporating the colors of our twist! Thanks for playing along at the Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing!

    Thanks for playing along with us at MAWTT,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a super designed card, thanks for joining us at the MAWTT challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very handsome!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Your die cut suits and designer papers work together perfectly for our “no stamping” challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with us!! -Deb Horst, DT #SOS501

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love this! Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Pam, DT




    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so effective - what a great card!

    Thanks for joining us at at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card, thanks for sharing it with us at Morgan's Artworld Challenge Blog.
    Big hugs Ilonka DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I absolutely love this, what a clever use of die, result is perfect! Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore #113 Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Thanks for sharing over at 613 Avenue Create this month, hope to see you in future challenges.
    Elaine DT

    KraftiKards (my blog)
    613 Avenue Create DT
    AAA Birthday DT
    Peace on Earth Christmas DT
    Simply Clean and Simple DT
    Love to Scrap DT
    Love to Craft DT
    Mix it up DT
    Merry Little Christmas DT

    ReplyDelete