Friday, July 7, 2023

Janna Prosvirina Daydreaming Digi - Kit and Clowder March 2020 Pencil Class

 Be brave enough to be bad at something new. 



Hey there from Nannyland,


I took a giant leap recently and landed in the monthly Kit and Clowder pencil classes.  I seriously want to learn this new coloring skill that has always been super challenging for me.  I've done a couple of Alyce's pencil classes in the past, here and here, and have found them surprisingly satisfying, if only because they stretch my artistic capabilities.   However, my frustration persists as I struggle though the process of laying down the color and trying to blend it out. It's nothing like the seamless Copic coloring I've grown to know and love. 

I adore this gorgeous fairy by Janna Prosvirina and was excited to color all the wonderful detail that only pencils can achieve. It took me what seemed like forever and the result certainly wasn't anything like what Alyce was doing on her instruction video.  But, to my amazement,  I still had fun following along and I'm determined to practice with my pencils until the blending becomes more natural.  I'm proud of myself for sticking it out and my result isn't awful.

Now I'll stop whining and explain how my card was created.  The round die that frames her is from Spellbinders.  I cut the base layer from water color dp and the second ornate frame layer out of gold foil cardstock. I used lavender decorative gems for accents.  I added mini die cut blooms to the green foliage at the bottom and a gold foil die cut "hello" sentiment to the corner. The details were added with a white gel pen. 

I hope I have inspired you to stick with a skill that takes extra time and effort to learn, even if you are tempted to quit.  Mastering new techniques not only adds to our artistic prowess, but it teaches us patience and confidence.  

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks, Nancy, for using the 2nd link tool for TFATU's July challenge! Your image coloring is fantastic! Thanks for sharing with us! Also I can say thanks for linking to Ally's Angels. Appreciate the support at both. (own TFATU and co-own AACB) --Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining us at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge with your wonderful project! Val DT
    https://paperdragonflycreativechallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. Thank you for joining The Fairy and The Unicorn. Hope to see you again,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done! Stick with it because this does look beautiful. Not sure what you like best, but the reds going through orange to yellow are perfect. Adore this.

    So glad you joined us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Arlene CT

    ReplyDelete