Friday, March 22, 2024

Fantasy Journal Pages - Zan Von Zed Medieval Maiden

Life itself is the most wonderful fairytale.
Hans Christian Andersen



Hey there from Nannyland,


A "fantasy" art journal has emerged in Nannyland, which I'm excited to fill with images of fairies, mermaids,  unicorns, good witches and all sorts of my favorite mythical creatures (except for maybe gnomes). Anyone familiar with my art is aware of my obsession with all things mystical.  My first page for this journal is a scene with a lovely Zan Von Zed maiden on the balcony of a medieval castle, waiting for her knight in shining armor to rescue her from the fiery dragon lurking under the moat bridge. Everyone knows that she obviously could rescue herself, but then what would the handsome nobleman do while riding his mighty steed through the dark forest.  He has all the majesty and strength to put that fierce dragon down, so he should just do it for the good of the villagers and the ardor of his lady. But I digress. 


I used warm Copic colors for my damsel's dress and found handmade die cut flowers in my stash to brighten up the stone walls, which are created with designer paper.   I used a white gel pen to highlight some of the details on her gown and added beading to her bodice.  A small vellum butterfly rests on her dainty hand. 

I glued designer paper to the opposite page and created the sentiment tag in Cricut Design Space with the writing and cutting features. 

I'll never get tired of imagining a world where magic makes all things possible.  It's such a delightful escape when the world gets too real.

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)
                                                               Playing along with:

11 comments:

  1. A great journal page and your damsel is beautifully coloured. Your floral additions look good too. Thanks for joining us at cardz4galz, Johanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card. So many details and layers. It is a piece of art. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals corner this month. Hope to see your lovely artwork back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the details of this card. So elegant! Thank you for joining us this week at
    Crafty Gals Corner Challenges .
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Blessings! Jeanie Ellis, DT, Crafty Gals Corner
    www.craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great imagination and cool card! Thanks for joining us on the Classic Design Challenge ~ Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous creation - your colouring of the damsel is exceptional!
    Thank you for sharing your creation in our challenge at Dream Valley.
    Sharon – Dream Valley Challenge Designer
    http://glittertastic.blogspot.com/ - Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is magic. Quite a powerful image and colored meticulously. So glad you joined us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Arlene CT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful journal. The flowers are so elegant. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz! I hope to see you in the gallery for our next challenge! Sue - D

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's gorgeous! Love your coloring!
    Thank you for joining us this week at
    Crafty Gals Corner Challenges .
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Blessings! Jeanie Ellis, DT, Crafty Gals Corner
    www.craftygalscornerchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete