Saturday, March 16, 2024

Spellbinders February Large Die of the Month - Floral Bunny Basket

God's love is wrapping all around you, whether you notice it or not. 



Hey there from Nannyland,


I absolutely loved ushering in the delights of spring with this adorable February Spellbinders Large Die of the Month set.   It's called Floral Bunny Basket and is so amazingly sweet with its textured basket, layered tulips, plump carrots and darling rabbit.  Who doesn't love an adorable bunny butt!!! 

When I imagined the tulips for my basket, I had in mind this fabulous tulip quilt in beautiful bright printed fabric from one of my favorite designers.   I decided to experiment with some of my designer paper pads and create some paper "quilted" tulips. I always enjoy paper piecing and I really like how they turned out.  I added faux stitching to the edges with a black micro pen to carry on the stitchy vibe.  

 

A vellum butterfly, mini dragonfly and gold metallic bow add a little extra personality to my spring scene.  And, of course, it wouldn't be complete without  my usual gems for added sparkle.

The recipients of these cards will be two dear friends, one of whom is obsessed with bunnies. I think this one will definitely make her smile.

I hope I have awakened a bit of your spring spirit, even if you're like me and there's still some evidence of a hard winter outside.  It's a bit rainy here in the desert today and there's new snow on the mountains,  (eek!), but the buds are blooming on the fruit trees outside my window and soon spring will burst through like it always does.  Happy Easter, everyone.

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)
                                                                  Playing along with:

7 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a fun basket of Spring loveliness, perfect for our fur and feather option at Allsorts, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a fantastic card! I love those die cuts, colors and dimension. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge. Please visit and share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun basket with all the flowers and bunny trying to hide inside. I am sure your friends will absolutely love it!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many beautiful details on this card. The tulips look amazing and I love the bunny hopping back in. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful, happy, and fun Easter card, love it..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable Easter card. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice of papers for these dies.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete