Friday, March 29, 2024

Dreaming Tree Taqueria Treat Box

I don't mean to brag, but,,, I just put a puzzle together in one day
and the box said 2-4 years. 



Hey there from Nannyland,


I guess it's true...two opposing things can be true at the same time.  I have learned that assembling 3-dimensional objects is definitely not my super power and it is also true that it is exceptionally fun for me. I never would have attempted putting together one of the many amazing Dreaming Tree 3-D items, especially the elaborate buildings, until I created this bird house treat box for my friend's birthday a couple of years ago.  As it turned out, the directions on YouTube were amazingly simple to follow and I ended up with an awesome gift box.  

This year I thought I would try this adorable Taqueria box for the same friend who is obsessed with Mexican food.  I plan to fill it with some yummy homemade chocolate chip cookies again and a gift card from his favorite Mexican restaurant. Turns out, I'm still pretty messy with the gluing and assembling thing, but look how cute it turned out!  My friend is a fabulous artist, but when I gifted him his birdhouse, he was more impressed with how it fit together and less with perfectly lined up edges. So I think he will love figuring out the intricate ins and outs of this clever box.    

  

The original pattern calls for yellow vellum in the windows, but I didn't have it in my stash so I substituted it for some thin textured paper that works just as well when lit with a tea light.   I made a ton of mistakes but was able fix them in ways that made them look like they were meant to be.  My Cricut blade must have been a little dull or my paper was the wrong weight for some of the intricate pieces.  The Taqueria sign had some tears in it, but I covered them up with a small flower and some surgical piecing.  The small holes in the die cut cactus pots were a mess, so I traced the pot shape on designer paper and filled them in with shiny Glossy Accents.  I mistakenly put glue all over the fancy dome on the roof before I realized it wouldn't actually be glued to the front.  Eeek!!! So I added green card stock backing and glued a star to the opening.  In the end, everything worked out fine,  I had lots of gold gems and stars in my stash, so I put them to good use.                                    . 



The back has a door that closes with Velcro so it is very easy to fill the box with treats, gift cards or whatever other treasures might fit inside. 

Whether I cook a traditional Mexican dinner for my friend and his wife, or we choose to go out for some delicious Mexican food, I can present this unique portable gift box to him with a proud grin on my face, knowing that as an artist himself, he will appreciate all the work and loving thoughts that went into creating it.

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)
Playing along with:

11 comments:

  1. Wow Nancy, I have no words expect Bravo on this fabulous project. It's a stunner, Thanks for sharing your lovely 3-D project with us at The Paper Funday Challenge. We enjoy seeing all the creativity that's shared.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your design and colours. Lovely birdhouse treat box. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Judy DT https://avenue613.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic creation
    Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge.
    Good luck Ginny DT for CRAFT Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this project.
    Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Hugs Sheryl CRAFT DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Very nicely crafted! Thanks for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your box is fantastic. I looked for all the things you said you did that you had to cover up. You did a great job of doing that because you can see no errors in the creation. This is definitely a work of love! Your friend will treasure it for sure. Thank you for stopping by Krafty Chicks to share your fabulous creation with us. We hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spectacular project!! I love Mexican food too so I can appreciate the theme. I like your clever hacks for the little boo-boos you made. No one will know! Thank you for playing with the All Occasion theme with the Krafty Chicks Challenge.
    Diane - KCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fun and looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute! Thank you for sharing this with us at 613 Avenue
    ~Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Café this month for our Food challenge.

    ReplyDelete