Thursday, April 4, 2024

Page For My "Cutesy" Journal - Moonstone Designs Cuties Digital Stamp

If it brings you even a little bit of joy, 
do that...definitely do that. 



Hey there from Nannyland,


My little library of art journals is growing with the addition of this one called "Cutesy," for want of a better name.  I have lots of digi images that are so adorable and delightful to color, they have earned their own category.  This darling image from Moonstone Ink Designs is over-the-top gorgeous, right?  There are several of these "Cute Fairies" in this bundle I bought from Etsy and I'm excited to color more of them.

 

When the opportunity arises, I love adding handmade die cut flowers to my compositions because they create a little added texture and dimension. These mini posies are from Spellbinders.  I framed this image with two Tattered Lace nested frame dies and did the same on the opposing page, after I glued a panel of coordinating designer paper to hide a calendar.  I created my sentiment in Cricut Design Space using the writing and cutting features and edged both panels with a silver leafing pen.  Just a couple more die cut flower embellishments for my sentiment panel and I was done. 

I've absolutely loved categorizing my creations and adding them to my personal art journals.  It helps me branch out and color some of the wonderful art work of my favorite artists that I might have been neglecting.  My  journals are becoming an unexpected source of bliss for me.  I'm still making lots of cards, but I'm using mostly die cuts and I love experimenting with one of my favorite mediums. I'm learning new skills and that's always a good thing. And, of course, quilting will always have an important  place in my repertoire. 

So, I hope you will consider listening to your heart as I did.  It just might take you on a new creative adventure that you will love. 

8 comments:

  1. A very beautiful page. I love your colouring. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great sentiment and adorable image. Love how this page spread turned out!
    Thank you so much for joining us at the Four Seasons challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy: You are one super talented gal. This is stunning. Thanks so much for playing along at The Four Seasons. We appreciate it very much.
    Karen L, DT - The Four Seasons
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, stunningly beautiful coloring!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons!
    Diane FS Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful piece, certain to be treasured! Love that sentiment. Thansk for sharing at 613 Avenue Create.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is so beautiful your colouring of that image is outstanding amazing colours and card design a superb card
    Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
    ~ Lolo CT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous page and I love the colouring it’s wonderful

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday challenge at Digi Choosday !

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete