Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Dreaming Tree Fleurette Card with Copic Makers


Like a wildflower, you must allow yourself to grow
in all the places people thought you never would. 



Hey there from Nannyland,


While searching in my Dreaming Tree svg library for a project for my friend's birthday, which resulted in this fun taqueria treat box, I realized that I have tons of beautiful svg's there just vying for my attention.  I found this darling girl called Fleurette and went to work creating a spring card for my daughter's April birthday.  

Dreaming Tree designs are always super clever with lots of incredible details.  This cute girl has many layers which fit together nicely and create amazing dimension.  As a Copic colorist, I prefer to cut the smaller shapes out on white card stock and shade with markers.  In this case, I started by shading the clothes, sun, background flowers, and hair layers. I removed the original cuts for the face in the svg with the contouring feature in Cricut Design Space, to create a smooth surface for me to draw and color her features. I then drew simple facial features with a pencil and shaded the face, neck and arms in flesh tones. I replaced the original flower dies with several small ones from my stash, mostly from my Spellbinders collection.  And, as always, I added small gems and pearls for extra personality and sparkle. 

Nothing is more enjoyable for me than creating with die cuts and zhuzhing them up with Copic coloring and fancy embellishments. I love taking a wonderful design from Dreaming Tree and using my own style to make it uniquely mine.

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.

I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)
Playing along with:

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card! Thank you for joining in my challenge at PFM
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, stunning card. Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly dreams

    das kei leuk gedaan. Tof dat je meedoet bij Dragonfly dreams
    Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

    Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
    You tube:Claudia's Kaartjes
    Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
    Challenge blogs:
    Girlz Creative Christmas 
    Girlz makes Guyz Cards
    Girlz creative crafts
    Creative sketchy girls

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! Loving your design with the pretty 3D elements - gorgeous 😊. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card Nancy with so many beautiful details. Your colouring and added dimension to the die cuts looks awesome. Such happy, bright colours too. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow - that's just stunning! There's so much detail in your gorgeous card. Thanks for joining in with us at Passion for Markers this week, Sarah - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Thank you for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Try it on Tuesday
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a terric look on the coloring - LOVE it. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dream Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful creation! Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld.
    ~ Sherry CT/Admin/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete