Thursday, May 9, 2024

Fancy Dress Slimline - Anna Griffin Paper Dress Dies

Dressing well is a form of good manners.
Tom Ford



Hey there from Nannyland,


I could spend countless hours creating fancy dresses from Anna Griffin's darling paper dress dies.  Oh wait...I DID!  I chose two of the three dies in this adorable set and reacquainted myself with my neglected 6 x 6 double-sided designer paper pads to use for "fabric." I got all giddy choosing coordinating designs for my chic frocks and was obsessed with folding them into stylish origami-style gowns. Zhuzhing them up with lace trim, button gems and elegant jewelry was the frosting on my girly cake. 

I don't own the 3D Anna Armoire die that was designed to hang her dresses, but I wanted mine to take center stage so I checked out the Cricut image library for "Armoire" images.   A pretty layered frame that mimics an armoire was sized to create a background for  my layout.  I chose a dress form instead of a hanger to showcase my designer ensemble and sized it to fit my dress.  

I'm thrilled that I created enough of these adorable dresses to send cards to my friends through the millennium. I can quickly cut the files I have saved in Cricut, change the sentiment in the writing feature, and add my dress to make a card for any occasion.  


I love the gold accent I was able to create in this layered frame.


 My finished image fits a  4 x 9 slimline card with room for embellishing. 


An adorable Spellbinders scissors die cut in silver and a mini flower 
are a cute accent for my sentiment tag.


These first four cards will go my dear talented friends in California to express how much I miss our weekly card making sessions.   Die cutting definitely is taking over a heartfelt place in my maker repertoire. 

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)
                                                          Playing along with:

6 comments:

  1. All of your dresses are fabulous! That Anna Griffin paper is gorgeous. Thanks for playing along this week at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in my PINSPIRATIONAL challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute,thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Challenge corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fabulous project! I loved everything about it. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Vreative Fingers Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH WOW!!! These are just amazing Nancy and each one is beautifully designed! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Owner
    Sisterhood of Crafters
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brings back memories of all those paper dolls I used to dress! Your cards are so pretty with a vintage feel, love them all! So glad you joined us at Get Creative Challenges!

    ReplyDelete