Friday, May 17, 2024

Fantasy Journal Pages - Julia Spiri Young Fairy

Choose joy!  Don't wait for things to get easier, simpler, better.
Life will always be complicated.  Learn how to be happy right now.
Otherwise, you'll run out of time. 



Hey there from Nannyland,


It's a sun-drenched Friday morning here in my lovely desert home and, as I type, I'm looking with delight at the gorgeous citrus trees outside my window.  Directly in front of me is  a lush young apricot tree full of small green orbs that will soon burst forth with my favorite fruit.  Juicy ripe home grown fruit is definitely a simple thing that brings me joy. 

If you haven't checked out The Art of Julia Spiri,  you are missing a real treat.  She is a talented Spanish artist who creates with an amazing whimsical, fantasy style that I love.  I blissfully colored this stunning digi called Young Fairy with Copic markers and embellished her for my Fantasy Art journal.   



I used a white Anna Griffin die cut to frame her angelic face and embellished her with Spellbinders flowers, pearls, colored rhinestones and a white gel pen.  My sentiment page was created in Cricut Design Space with the writing and cutting features. 

Some of the simple things I'm delighting  in today are: a quiet morning prayer, a nature walk with red hills surrounding me, lunch at my favorite Mexican restaurant, an afternoon creating in Nannyland, my hubby across the hall in his office, an orchard in my side yard, bright flower beds in my back yard, kids laughing next door.  How about you? 

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)
                                                          Playing along with:

12 comments:

  1. How lovely she is with the beautiful die cut flowers and butterflies! Gorgeous coloring! Thanks for sharing with us at Cut It Up! Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful card, thank you for joining us at the MTTC challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! what superb colouring. Beautiful to look at. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Carol xx
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful journal spread. Lovely layering and a beautifully coloured image.
    Thank you for joining in with the Crafts Galore Encore May Challenge “Anything Goes”. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've framed your beautifully coloured embellished fairy perfectly for your journal page,thank you for joining in at CD Sunday Plus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, and beautiful colouring
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning page. Thank you for joining our Cut it Up Send Me Flowers challenge.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn (CIU owner)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning card! Beautifully coloured and that frame die cut frames the image perfectly.
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful journal page and great colouring. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love the way you shade and color your faces and this is a beauty. Yes, the image is wonderful, but your coloring brings out the inherent beauty. Wonderful journal, my friend. So glad you joined us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Arlene CT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely art journal page. Beautiful colours and design. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see your lovely artwork back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic art journal layout so neat and precise in design, your colouring is amazing so life like in detail and shade. The die cut flowers look so pretty in her hair.
    Thank you for sharing @ Creative Artiste a delight to see your talents.
    Best wishes in the challenge.
    Happy crafting Tracey (DT)

    ReplyDelete