Thursday, May 23, 2024

Spellbinders Summer Birdhouse Slimline - Don't Forget to Fly

We ourselves feel what we are doing is just a drop in the ocean. 
But the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.  Mother Teresa

 

Hey there from Nannyland,


Recently I asked my artist friend for her opinion on why I love to collect small intricate objects de art and surround myself with them, rather than go for the large generic decorating pieces that are so popular in home decor.  As she dutifully helped me arrange my cherished treasures on shelves, she pointed to the Jane Wooster Scott folk art paintings on my walls that testify to the fact  that I obviously am attracted to detail. In that "eureka" moment, I realized that I really do have a penchant for tiny elements and it shows in my artwork. It become clear to me why I can spend blissful hours coloring fine details on beautiful images and  cutting, sponging and carefully gluing teensy die cuts together without the least bit of tedium. It's a thing. 

Spellbinders dies are perfect for those of us who have a detail obsession, with sets that contain many tiny dies meant to layer for incredible dimension.  I chose the summer birdhouse from my set of Spellbinders seasonal birdhouses to create this sunny coastal setting with a slimline format.  I used curved dies to cut layers of patterned paper sand to layer a playful base for my lighthouse.  The bird comes from a separate Spellbinders die set called  "Sweet Birds on a Branch."  I did a little sponging for shading on the bird house, clouds and fence, but I really prefer a cleaner look with my die cuts so I restrained my urge to shade all the pieces. The cute little flying birds, starfish, shells and fence all come with the birdhouse series of dies.  

I had a blast creating this cute summer scene and am looking forward to using all the fun die cuts that come with the other darling seasonal birdhouses in the set. 

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)
                                                          Playing along with:


 

5 comments:

  1. A fantastic seaside scene using these wonderful dies and elements. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! A LOT of detail in your creation! It's a great scene! Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have created a super Ocean scene, many thanks for joining in with Allsorts 15th Birthday challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Thank you for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Try it on Tuesday
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous little scene, love all the details.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete