Thursday, June 27, 2024

Peace Begins With a Smile Journal Pages - Julia Spiri Girl With Dove


Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I’m a dreamer, 
but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us, and the world will be as one.  
 John Lennon


Hey there from Nannyland,


I think we all reach a point in our lives where things seem to be whirling around us at breakneck speed, and we realize we need to slow down and find a peaceful space to rest, both physically and mentally. Nannyland is by far the most peaceful place for me and art journaling sooths my soul like no other pursuit.  

Coloring this absolutely gorgeous digital stamp by Julia Spiri was just what I needed to rejuvenate my frazzled spirit. I'm trying to adjust to some new meds, and my body needs a place to practice faith in a good outcome. My original plan for  my journal pages was to use a laurel wreath die on the inspiration page, but I couldn't find it in my stash.  Once again, Cricut Design Space came to the rescue.  I found a heart-framed peace sign and added a fabulous layered dove with heart cut-outs to the center. I used the curve and writing features for my sentiment. 


I love this beautiful lady's graceful arms encircling the dove and the tranquil look on her face with the slightest hint of a smile. She seems to know that God is in charge and things are going to turn out fine.

After fussy cutting her, I adhered her to a lacy white die cut with a gold scalloped panel in the center and surrounded her with sparkly blue gems. I used pink gems for her earrings and a Spellbinders flower to embellish the feathers in her hair. A white gel pen was used for extra detail.

I'm a believer that peace starts with the small gestures and kindnesses we share with those around us every day.  I know the incredible makers in our crafting community are full of smiles and encouragement for each other, whether virtual or in person.   That's why I love hanging out here so much. Sending smiles and hugs all over the place...pass it on. 

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)
                                                                       Playing along with:

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful journal layout. Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully coloured, you really brought her to life, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Nancy! I hope you are right. I hope she knows something that at this point doesn't seem possible!

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is gorgeous, and your coloring is perfect. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge, we hope to see you next month.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete