Friday, July 19, 2024

Another Meeting of the Nannyland Craft Club - Martini Twins Help Me Get Organized

 



Hey there from Nannyland,


Okay, I admit it, sometimes I prefer the company of kids over adults. They're just so full of curiosity,  openness and excitement, and they know how to have a good time creating. Oh, and they're beyond hilarious!  I have two lovely grown daughters and, if I had been able to control my fate, I would have had a few more. I substitute taught K-12 students very blissfully for fourteen years and spent many years teaching and supervising kids in my church.  But I just can't seem to conjure up any grandchildren! My daughters have refused to cooperate. The nerve. 

Thankfully, I have been blessed with good friends and neighbors who are happy to share their bounteous passels of little ones with me.  My dear friend Dona, who has loads of artistic talent,  has some amazing grandchildren of all ages.  Brielle and Hadley (whom I affectionally call the "twin-adoes") love crafting with their grandma every chance they get.                                                 


I'm constantly purging in Nannyland to make room for the new treasures I keep buying.  I enjoy putting things aside that I think the twins and Dona could use in their art sessions.  When I collect a few boxes of  assorted goodies, I invite the girls to my house to relieve me of my surplus supply bonanza and join me in a McDonald's cheeseburger lunch.  We also discuss some fun things we can do on their next visit, like figuring out how to make some journals with my neglected Cinch Machine. 



It didn't take long for them to paint up a storm at grandma's house on some small canvases and note books.  Dona said they are so excited to use the gems, stamps, stickers, paper, card bases, pens, doilies, die cuts and much more for future art projects.  

I love that my overflowing stash can be put to good use by my sweet little budding artist friends.  My drawers and cupboards are a lot neater and now my friend Dona has lots of supplies to keep her darling granddaughters busy.  Win/win! 

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)

No comments:

Post a Comment