Friday, July 12, 2024

"Cutesy" Art Journal Page - Mo Manning Friday's Child Digi

 What wings are to a bird, and sails to a ship, so is
prayer to the soul.    Corrie Ten Boom



Hey there from Nannyland, 


The tiered ruffles on the dress of this darling digi from Mo Manning have been asking for a little rainbow magic for years now, so I thought it was time to make her the focus of some fun bird-themed  journal pages in what I call my  "Cutesy Journal."  It's not a surprise that most of the pages in this journal are the delightful art of Mo Manning. This adorable digi is called Friday's child, after the nineteenth century poem that assigns the nature of a child according to the day of the week in which he/she is born.  Years ago Mo Manning created images of children depicting each day of the week,  and I have several, so I googled this old rhyme:

Monday's child is fair of face, (that's me)
Tuesday's child is full of grace, (my husband and older daughter))
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living, (my younger daughter)
But the child who is born on the Sabbath day,
Is lucky and happy and good and gay 

Of course, I had to google what day of the week each member of my family was born, and was pleased that none of us was born on a Wednesday.  But it's only a made up poem, after all, so I won't get too consumed with  random foretelling. I'll leave that to my horoscope...😀 


I thoroughly enjoy all the planning, coloring and zhuzhing that goes into creating my journal pages.  I feel free to do anything I like, so there's really no mistakes.  I love the Spellbinders bird house dies, and while the scale is a little off in this case,  I think  this one made a fun background scene for my cute girl.  I used Spellbinders birds, branches and flowers on my inspiration page and created my sentiment tag in Cricut Design Space with the writing and cutting features. 

Another fun set of art journal pages for the books and many more blissful journaling hours ahead for this "fair of face" artist.

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)
                                                                       Playing along with:

8 comments:

  1. What a darling creation, Nancy! Beautifully colored and a beautiful sentiment. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty colors in your florals, birds and child. This took a lot of work and it paid off on your art journal page. Thank you so much for sharing it with us this week at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Catz Challenge Blog good luck Ginny DT for
    Crafty Catz Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. An adorable, sweet image and card. Thank you for sharing with our theme over at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the details in your page. All those birds are cute, and perfect for our wings challenge at TIOT. Thanks so much for joining us at Try t on Tuesday. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your art journal page is so fun and colorful, Nancy. Beautiful coloring on Friday's girl. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your colouring and art journal page Nancy. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's ArtWorld. Love to see you join in each month.
    ~ Gail CT

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautifully coloured journal page - so pretty!
    Thank you for sharing your creation in our challenge at Dream Valley.
    Sharon – Dream Valley Challenge Designer
    http://glittertastic.blogspot.com/ - Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete