Thursday, February 15, 2024

Oh Puhlease Bee My Honey - Spellbinders LDOM Honey Pot

I make art to show my soul that I'm listening. 



Hey there from Nannyland,

I'm not even a little bit disappointed that I joined the Spellbinders Large Die of the Month Club. I've only been a member for a few months, but I have been thrilled with every set that lands in my mailbox each month.  What's not to love about a surprise package of delightfully detailed dies showing up to spark my creativity. 

The January die set is an adorable layered honey pot that comes with a cute detailed bee (with legs, for Pete's sake) and pretty spring flowers.  It's a large size so it fits my usual 5 x 7 card base perfectly with room for a sentiment.  I created my punny sentiment in Cricut Design Space using the writing feature. The curve feature enabled me to match the shape of my honey jar perfectly.  Yeah, I love my Cricut! 

Most of the flowers here were included in the die set, but I created some variety with a few flowers from other Spellbinders sets. I'm really appreciating the versatility of  Spellbinders flowers because the layers give them dimension, but not so much that they get squished in the mail.

I presented this card to my hubby for Valentines Day and he didn't even flinch at the flowery aesthetic.  Maybe it's because he used to be a florist and knows that colorful flowers are for everyone or maybe it's because he knows a card created by me will probably have some girly zhuzh.  Either way, I give myself permission to glam up my cards, regardless of gender, because I gotta be me. 

Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit. 
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)
                                                                Playing along with:
                                                  
                                            Creative Knockouts Challenge #515
                                                         Sisterhood of Crafters - LOVE
                                              Try it on Tuesday - Hearts and/or Flowers
                                                              A Perfect Time to Craft #2
                                                             Ally's Angels Challenge #79
                                                      Beautiful Blossoms Challenge #1
                                                                Daisy Chain Challenge #82
                                                                Critter Crazy Challenge #83
                                             Die Cut Divas - Non Traditional Valentine Card
                                                           Morgan's ArtWorld Challenge # 73

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! All those layered die cuts are fabulous!! Thanks for playing with Critter Crazy Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh yes this has that girly zhuzh that is clearly you. Between your dies and Cricut your creative juices were really flowing here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on the theme, so sweet.
    Thank you for joining in with us at the Sisterhood of Crafters.
    Buffy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just stunning-I want that die set! Just love everything about this card! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully designed floral card and kudos to you for using a die set as soon as you receive it, I need to take lessons from you and do the same!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms!
    Diane BB DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Beautiful Blossoms}

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the most adorable card! I love those die cuts and the sentiment is just wonderful. Thanks for playing along at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute and pretty, love that punny sentiment! Thanks for linking up to our February challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've really made the most with that honey jar set, Nancy - love all the pattern papers you included! So glad you linked up at Die Cut Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great creation. I love the honey pot and design. Super fun and cute card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas. Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous card- that bee is magnificent! Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you joined us at Morgan's Art World also. Arlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very cute card!
    Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
    xoxo, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete