Thursday, February 1, 2024

Ching Chou Kuik Digi Journal Pages - Make Time for Your Art

   In all of living, have much fun and laughter.
Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured.

Gordon B Hinkley


Hey there from Nannyland,


Hmmm. What is it about creating art journal pages that is so satisfying for me?   I think it has something to do with creating for the joy of the process and not feeling like it will be exposed to the scrutiny of anyone else. But that doesn't really make sense because the people I send my cards to are always so complimentary and non-judgmental, so it must be my own eagle eye that intimidates me.  I think that's such a common theme among artists.  We are our own worst critics.  Anyway, I'm having the best time coloring, zhuzhing and using up all the extra space in my two-page journal spreads.

This beautiful digi is by Ching Chou Kuit, one of my absolute favorite artists.  Her amazing images are such a delight to color, with their soulful eyes and gorgeous detail. This image prints out in light grayscale, which can be challenging for me, but I love the gray shading on the flowers.  I used an Elizabeth Crafts border chain die on one side of my image and decorated it with round lavender acrylic rhinestones. The lacy butterfly on the word page is also made from Elizabeth Crafts layered dies that I've had for ages. I think they might be hard to find now.  A page from an old designer paper pad had the perfect sentiment and background to cover up my Dylusions Dyary calendar page. When I bring out some of my older dies and papers, I can't help feeling nostalgic because it's like reconnecting with old friends.  Another reason why I feel blissful when creating art journal pages. Anything goes with my eclectic stash.  

A couple more journal pages for the books!  Way too much fun. 

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous - I could lose myself in your journal page. She is heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully coloured - she's a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I agree. We need to make time for our art. It's a great day when we get to play. Thanks for sharing this fun page with us at TIOT. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! Art journaling is satisfying! Something for yourself with a choice to share if you want to. I'm glad you shared this with us at Try It On Tuesday! It's great using up old stuff too isn't it? hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. such beautiful colouring Nancy! Thanks for sharing your journal page with us ta Love to Craft challenge
    Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous and beautifully coloured. Thank you for sharing with us at WWCAC Challenge. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful coloring on that lovely image, loving the soft look at your spread. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge #120.

    ReplyDelete