Thursday, February 29, 2024

Be Yourself Journal Pages - Vera Lane Digi Image

Word of the Day: Shenanigator
A person who instigates shenanigans. 




Hey there from Nannyland,


One of my all-time favorite digi artists is the extremely talented Vera Lane, whose charmingly quirky images bring delight to everyone who sees them. They're super fun to color with Copics because the simplicity of the lines makes it possible to personalize them with a few extra strokes of a marker.  I always love adding more detail to the eyes because it gives a little extra personality to the already vivacious characters.

These pages are the first in a journal I have reserved for the more off-beat images in my digi library.  I like placing them in happy scenic settings and enjoy having two pages of space for some fun die cut elements and a message that matches their whimsical mood. Cricut Design Space is a great place to discover lots of options for writing and die cutting. My sentiment was generated with the Cricut writing feature. The layered die cut birds are from the Birds on a Branch collection at Spellbinders.  Of course, I couldn't resist embellishing my little lady's lovely hair with colored gems, as well as the eyes on the birds.  I used a white gel pen to add extra details to the eyes and dress. 

I'm having the best time browsing my die collection and dusting off some very old dies to use on my layouts.  The fancy birdcage on my sentiment page has to be at least fifteen years old.  The bow and the small bird cages also go way back.  What's better than discovering new ways to use ancient supplies! 

How about you?  Is there a story you would like to tell with all those seldom-used treasures you have accumulated and might have forgotten about?  I hope I have inspired you to use your imagination and some long-forgotten art tools to uncover a new story you've been dying to tell.
 
Thanks for visiting Nannyland.
I'll just be here blissfully creating until your next visit.
Nancy (aka Pink Panoply)
                                                                       Playing along with:

5 comments:

  1. Your quirky image made me smile,love the background too,thank you for joining in at CD Sunday Plus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great journal pages! I like the scene you've created and the colours you've used and love the gems in her hair!
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun layout! I love the coloring, especially the eyes. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create. We hope we see you on the front porch again soon!

    Have a good day.
    Kayla - 613 Avenue Create DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous journal pages - I love them. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Jocelyn x
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute and very pretty image, made me smile, love the glasses
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete